Saturday, October 23, 2021

The Dreamlands: The Dreamwoods General

 

This is the general information about the Dreamwoods. Perhaps Slumberwoods would be a better idea so as not to be to repetitive. In any case, these are the general things to know about it. Arborix, being a special thing, has been detailed before, and The King of Snakes is currently in the making, getting at least a page itself. The green box will hopefully at one point be substituted by illustrations of Yip-Yip Birds or forest gnomes, but yeah, this is it for now for this region. I might at one point dream up a guide for the colours of dreams and running a forest gnome village or something, but for now I'm taking my dreams to the King of Snakes. Should you want to submit some ideas, feel free to pitch in with what other kind of magic/abilities the forest gnomes could have.

The more I am dreaming up these things, the more I find that OSE might not be the best system to run this in this whimsical, dreamlike way, and that perhaps TROIKA! or RISUS might do better. But for now, for making this world, I will keep doing the OSE thing, as it makes me learn and understand the system more.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love the yip-yip birds! Looking forward to seeing more. Also a dream-themed dungeon would be perfect for this forest.

    One quick suggestion: the green is a little hard to read against the white background. I'd recommend using a tool like an accessibility color checker https://accessible-colors.com/ to double check that there's enough contrast between your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the praise and for the tips! I'm currently mainly putting things down for now for my own self and sharing them, but yes, I have multiple lay-out stuff that should be fixed if I ever wanted to do something more official with this.

      Delete

Free Roll 4 Shoes Adventure: DISASTER at Princess Pumpernickel’s Magical Birthday Cooking Competition! (version 1)

A mashed potato monster found on the internet  DISASTER at Princess Pumpernickel’s Magical Birthday Cooking Competition *** Princess Pumpern...