Friday, March 11, 2022

Kids On The Borderland: The Adventures of Jason the Ninja - Part 1: Sir Richard Bluecarrot the Knight.

 As we have some time left over at the end of the lessons, we sometimes play some RPG. This goes very slowly as we're playing it in sessions as short as 5 minutes at the time sometimes. This time, a student of 7 years old made an adventurer character called Robin the Ninja, using my regular Risus setup and B2 - Keep on the Borderlands.

So enter Jason the Ninja:

  • Ninja 4
  • Language Buff 3
  • Basketball Player 2
  • Cook 1

He decided he wanted to check out the caves for treasure so we went on our way and I rolled to see if there was a random encounter. Or I just decided to roll to see which random encounter he came upon, I can't remember. It was weeks ago. I rolled up a giant gecko, which I just explained as a giant lizard. I googled a picture of a dimetrodon and showed that to him. I improvised a little scene to make it interesting. The beast was sunning on a log while a knight in armour with a broken shield and sword was laying on the ground going "Ow! Ow! Owowowowowowow! That was a bad idea!"

Jason the Ninja went on to kick the Giant Lizard (3) without getting a scratch on himself. I made it a drawn out combat encounter, rather than a one roll type of encounter. He didn't get hit once, and made the lizard ran off (I let him narrate his own victory). He then carried the knight back to the castle to save him. I asked him his favorite colour and his favorite vegetable, because ... I dunno, it's silly, and made it into the name of the knight. He had now made a friend. Sir Richard Bluecarrot will accompany him on his adventures from now on, if able. Jason immediately started to train the knight in the art of the Ninja "so he can protect himself", providing him with a trampoline to practice his flips, succeeding in it.

And that's where this part ended.

Sir Richard Bluecarrot:

  • Knight 3
  • Ninja 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Roll 4 Shoes Adventure: DISASTER at Princess Pumpernickel’s Magical Birthday Cooking Competition! (version 1)

A mashed potato monster found on the internet  DISASTER at Princess Pumpernickel’s Magical Birthday Cooking Competition *** Princess Pumpern...